- Trading Standards is offering Devon businesses the chance to join the newly launched MADE IN DEVON scheme. Your first year of membership is FREE as we set out to recruit as many Devon businesses as we can in this great scheme.
- Devon, Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay Trading Standards have set up this scheme to provide consumers with the confidence that they are buying products that are genuinely sourced from Devon and made in Devon.
- All businesses wishing to join will be assessed by Trading Standards officers to ensure that they and their products meet the qualifying membership criteria; that their goods are actually made in Devon and that the component parts of products, or for example: ingredients of foods, are sourced from within the county.
- Membership also provides local businesses with access to legal advice, and regulatory, business support and general advice from qualified and experienced trading standards officers – services that non-members are charged for.
- To apply to join the MADE IN DEVON scheme, businesses are asked to go to the Buy With Confidence website and complete the application form, writing MADE IN DEVON in the Reference Code box in order to apply for the FREE membership for the first year.