Members of the Made in Devon scheme are also members of the Buy With Confidence scheme and therefore, those who regularly carry out work in their customers’ homes will also have to have a Basic Disclosure Certificate (i.e. a basic criminal record check).
If you decide to use a business from the scheme you will be entering into a contract with them and not with the Trading Standards professional, the council, Made in Devon or Buy With Confidence.
We make reasonable efforts to check that businesses comply with the terms of the Made in Devon scheme.
In particular we do not:
- Guarantee the financial status of any business;
- Accept any liability for any goods or services provided by any business;
- Guarantee the quality, condition or description applied to any goods or services provided by any business;
- Guarantee the specific provenance of products, materials or ingredients, supplied by a Made in Devon member business;
- Guarantee that the price of goods and services supplied is competitive relative to any other business.